Building Information Modeling in Africa Conference (BIM) on 16 and 17 March 2016 in Sandton, Johannesburg, South Africa . The theme for the conference is "Unlocking the value of Building Information Modeling in Africa".
Some of the proposed topics are...
- Multidisciplinary BIM
- Integrated BIM projects
- Case study based on project where a very high level of development for BIM was achieved.
- The business case for BIM in construction
- What can be accomplished with BIM? (This demonstration will cover a few basic workflow concepts like; constructability modelling, coordination in the cloud, modelling, coordination in the cloud, and 2D and 3D quantification.)
Key learning outcomes and questions to be addressed,
- Attendees will gain clear guidance from experts on how BIM is used on projects, within various sectors, and their experiences within various sectors, and their experiences in implementing BIM.
- Find out how BIM helps to achieve the right quality the first time
- How can contractors in all South African and African markets undertake significant investments to expand their BIM programmes?
- How to really connect BIM-based information with daily with daily construction work and the corresponding planning
- Gain access to hear how industry experts are advancing the use of BIM and future developments in BIM.
Date: 16 March 2016 to 17 March 2016
Venue: Sandton, Johannesburg
Cost: No given
More info: http://www.millasa.co.za/the-bim-in-africa-conference-2016/